PTA Meeting Minutes 11/10/20
Board Members in Attendance:
Kari Hall (President)
Sara Smith (Vice President)
Jody Vranek (Treasurer)
Jen Macomber (Secretary)
Jen Caruso (PTACHC Rep)
Kelly Rende (PTACHC Rep)
BBES Administrators in Attendance:
Rhonda Inskeep (Principal)
Heather Tracy (Vice President)
Meeting was Called to Order: 6:35 pm
Administration Remarks (Mrs. Inskeep and Ms. Tracy)
- Thank you to the PTA for the staff pick up lunch at Jason’s Deli
- Report Cards will be available after 4 pm on Monday, 11/16. They will be available online only and can be accessed through HCPSS Connect. MAP reports are also available.
- American Education Week is virtual this year. Parents are welcome to sit in with their students on their meets (using their student’s login)
- Title 1 funds were used to purchase materials for all BBES students, including items such as whiteboards, dry erase markers, stylus pens, headphones, plastic sleeves, and hundreds charts. These items should be picked up at the school on Wednesday, 11/18/20. Each grade has an assigned time for the drive through pickup.
- Conferences with homeroom teachers will take place on 11/23 and 11/24. Parents will use their child’s login to attend the virtual conferences. Please sign up on through HCPSS Connect. (These days are half days for students.)
- 20-25 families attended the school’s virtual Family Wellness night on 11/9. The resources shared will be shared with the entire community.
Treasurer Report (Jody Vranek)
- $25,609.16 in checking, $6005.82 in savings
- Money has been spent on insurance and dues, along with the 2 staff appreciation events.
- Please complete the reimbursement form if needed – contact Jody Vranek with questions. Photos of receipts are acceptable.
- Classroom grants are still available, as well as grade level funds for each grade (staff can submit the grant form for grants or the reimbursement form for grade level funds)
- Membership – can be paid by PayPal on the PTA website, can send a request for payment if needed
PTACHC Update (Jen Caruso and Kelly Rende)
- Very short meeting due to the Town Hall, not much info shared
Spiritwear Sales (Jen Macomber)
- The Spiritwear sale was successful. We sold 91 items and raised over $180 for PTA activities. Emails were sent out to arrange spiritwear pickup. All remaining items will be delivered to the school on Friday 11/13 and families can pick up those items during school hours from 8-4 the week of Nov. 16th (or during the materials pickup). Please contact the office to pickup.
Lunch Buddies (Lakesha Ott)
- The county is providing free meals for all children through the end of the school year, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
- Lakesha is looking to for volunteers to pick up meals for other BBES families one or two times a week (Monday or Thursday) and to drop them off at their homes. Please contact Lakesha at Lakesha.email@example.com if you are interested in helping out!
Pumpkin Decorating Contest (Kari Hall)
- There were 40 entries in the pumpkin contest. This was a great event that we will consider continuing in the future. Winners all received a $10 gift card (one winner per grade and one for staff).
Staff Luncheon Update (Sara Smith)
- The staff pick up luncheon at Jason’s Deli this past week was a success!
- Kindness Campaign – please take a few moments to send a Thank you note or email to the BBES staff members who are working so hard with our students this year! Think about all of the teachers and staff who work with your children, including classroom teachers, related arts, paras, counselors, office staff, support teachers, and more!
Spirit Night (Wawa Mosier)
- Panera Spirit Night will take place on Monday, 11/16. 5-9 pm at the Dobbin Road Panera. Families can use the BBES code to order online for curbside pickup. Please see the flier for more details.
- We will have one Spirit Night a month, December’s event will be 12/4 at Mod Pizza and will take place all day.
- Please share if you have other restaurant ideas for Spirit Nights
- Jen M. will contact PVMS PTA for info on their Spirit Nights to avoid more overlapping events
Pottery Stop Fundraiser (Jen Macomber)
- This event will take place on Nov. 11/12. Families can order pottery to go projects online or paint pottery in person at the Pottery Stop in Ellicott City, using the BBES2020 code. Pottery to go projects can be picked up at a later day but must be purchased during the time frame. You can then return them to the store to be fired.
- The PTA will receive 10% from all purchases.
Virtual Talent Show (Kari Hall)
- Students can submit videos (up to 2 minutes long) or photos of their talent, which will be compiled by grade into a video. Please make sure to include your child’s name, grade, and teacher, and to note if you give permission to share their submission on the PTA website and Facebook page. All submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and need to be received by Nov. 30th. The video will be shown at the December PTA meeting.
Upcoming Events (Kari Hall)
- Virtual Bingo – January