PTA General Meeting Minutes 5/11/21
Board Members in Attendance:
Kari Hall (President)
Sara Smith (Vice President)
Jen Macomber (Secretary)
Jen Caruso (PTACHC Rep)
BBES Administrators in Attendance:
Heather Tracy (Vice President)
LaRae Gude (Administrative Intern)
Meeting Called to Order: 6:35 pm
- Thank you for all of the Staff Appreciation events throughout the year. They were greatly appreciated!
- Reading and Math MAP testing will occur on Wed. 5/12 (reading) and Wed. 5/19 (math). A/B group students and all virtual students will take the test at home. E students will take the test in person.
- The front office has been processing many changes in virtual/hybrid status since March 1st and there are more students entering the building. There have been 187 status change requests since March. Since the county offered families the opportunity to change their status a few weeks ago, there have been 68 requests to return for 2 or 5 days. Only one request was denied due to class capacity. The school is still working within the limits of keeping students distanced by 6 feet so it is not yet possible to bring all students back for 5 days a week.
The yearbook deadline was extended through Friday, May 14th. All interested families must order this week as no other yearbooks will be sold in June. The yearbook committee is still waiting for Classic to upload individual portraits. We hope to get yearbooks out before school ends. There will be a drive through pickup for virtual students.
Current and Upcoming Events:
- Texas Roadhouse – $142.30
- Upcoming Events: Red Robin (5/26, 5-9 pm)
Ledo’s Pizza (6/9, 11 am – 10 pm)
Virtual Culture Fest:
Recipes, pictures, and videos were shared throughout the month. They have now been compiled into a webpage.
Staff Appreciation Week:
Teachers were provided with a breakfast from Towson Hot Bagels on Monday, lunch from Jimmy Johns on Thursday, and individually wrapped cupcakes from Betsy’s Cakes (thank you, BBES parent, Betsy Kuhns!) on Friday. There were also daily raffles for gift cards (23 $10 gift cards and 7 $20 gift cards). Many thanks to those parents who generously donated the gift cards.
Lunch Buddies Program:
Thank you to everyone who helped pick up and deliver school lunches to BBES community members this school year.
Elections for the 2021-2022 School Year:
A vote was held for the following Executive Board positions for the 2021-2022 school year. All candidates were unanimously approved.
President: Jen Macomber
Vice President: Sara Smith
Secretary: Corinne Edwards
Treasurer: Wawa Mosier
PTATCH Representative: Kari Hall
This is the final PTA meeting of the school year!! Hope to see you all next year!