2. Administration Updates – outdoor dining tent – we are on the list (we are next in line to receive a tent and they have arrived). They can’t get a contractor to install it right now so that’s the big issue currently. That’s why it’s not here yet. They are making do the best we can using the PVMS pavilion – especially in heat or with sprinkling weather. The BBES fun run – teachers and kids are excited about it! PBIS is getting up and running – they are grateful for our support and volunteers. For new parents to our school – we do not celebrate Halloween in school – that is celebrated at the trunk or treat. No costumes or parades or parties at school. Testing – MAP testing window opens next Monday, no schedule yet but it will be communicated. It won’t have to be as spread out because kids have their own devices and it can be done right in the classroom.
3. Treasurer’s Report (Wawa Mosier)
- PTA dues to be remitted by Nov 1.
- Still Processing new memberships – 130 processed so far -$1210 in dues (many memberships without payment) If paying using paypal, pay as “friends and family” – paypal link is on our website bbespta.com
- Review submitted 2021-2022 budget. Members vote for approval – budget was approved both in person and online
- Wawa will create a form to send to staff to make the process streamlined for grade level funds
4. Events since Last Month:
- Fun Run Kickoff! Virtual Pep Rally 9/29 Ms. Emily’s preschool class won the first prize. This week’s contest for a class Pajama Day runs from Sat 10/9-Fri 10/15 – over $15,000 raised so far! This is huge! The race for slime-ing is very close – right now first grade is in the lead.
5. Events this Month:
- Wendel’s Fun Run – Main PTA Fundraiser for the year
- Monday, Oct. 18th, during the school day (3 different time slots) – we just need someone to be Wendel at all THREE races (can’t share the costume)
- Kids run 1 mile around the school to help raise funds for the PTA
- Kids’ progress will be tracked & prizes will be given out at the class/grade level
- Due to new county policies, we are allowed very limited volunteers and NO spectators
- Trunk or Treat – Oct. 23rd, 4-6 pm (Raindate, Oct. 30th) (participating cars can arrive starting at 3pm)
- Volunteers needed to help plan the event, as well as to decorate trunks and hand out candy, and to run games – sign up genius to sign up
- We need candy donations, there is a bin in the front office (wrapped sealed bag of candy) (nut free donations needed as well)
- Looking to move the event to the back parking lot so we can block off cars and use the blacktop for games
- Families can bring decorated pumpkins for pumpkin contest – there will be a prize for each grade and for staff
- advertise need for trunks using pictures from past years
6. Events Next Month
- Staff Dinner for Conferences, 11/22 (Sara Smith) – does admin think that a soup dinner will work? Turns out conferences are virtual by default unless people want in-person. This means everyone’s schedule will be different – everyone will be in school in the mornings but might have to get home quickly. A to-go lunch might be best. Might be best for people to order what they want because of the time crunch.
- Membership: You can fill out a membership form, membership requires a $10 enrollment fee, either a check made out to Bollman Bridge PTA or cash in an envelope marked PTA with your name on it. You can pay online using PayPal (please visit the membership tab on our website!)
- Volunteer Opportunities: Sign up to join the PTA listserve, find us on Facebook at Bollman Bridge Elementary PTA, We will be sending out volunteer emails starting in a few weeks.
- Staff Appreciation: Coffee Cart TBD – probably a staff member survey to get input
- Beaver Cart: starts the week of October 18th. Beaver Cart will look a lot different to start this year. Students will pre-order items within their grade level pods and these prizes will be dropped off in their classrooms. This will kick off next week –
- Wendel’s Fun Run (already discussed)
- Spirit Nights – coming soon
- Amazon Smile & link grocery cards to BBES
8. Volunteer Needs:
- Volunteers for Flu Shot Clinic (Oct 27th, 8:30-2pm, 3 people for AM and 3 people for PM)
- Volunteers for the Fun Run (Wendel for all 3 runs)
- Silent Auction Chairperson trainee and committee members – we may not need the money but the staff/kids seem to like it so this is up in the air
- Trunk or Treat volunteers (to plan and to run the event the day of)
FYI: Effective 10/4, all HCPSS volunteers who interact with or support students must provide proof of vaccination status or a negative COVID test (within 7 days of the current date) when they check in.
9. PTA Council of Howard County (PTACHC) – Kari Hall (no updates)
10. Suggestions & Comments???
Parents can send goodie bags to the classroom for the holidays but not food or religious stuff, only seasonally related
11. Future Events (Tentative!)
- Silent/Online Auction – Dec. 2021 (possible)
- Hearts of Bollman Bridge – February 2022
- Family Bingo Night – Winter/spring 2022
- Culture Fest – Spring 2022
- Members in attendance in person: 7
- Jen Macomber, Corinne Edwards, Wawa Mosier, Kari Hall, Sara Smith, Rhonda Inskeep, Heather Tracy
- Members watching online: 9